| | | | |
COLD WORK DIE STEELS
Cold Work Die Steels
DCMX is a matrix-type cold work tool steel: only fine carbides are distributed in matrix due to optimum alloy design and production process.
DCMX shows high performance in service and ease in mold making as well.
- High hardness such as 62 HRC is available by high temperature tempering with good dimensional stability, resulting in high wear resistance.
- High toughness helps to prevent cracking and chipping.
Ease in Die Making
- Isotropic dimensional change works easy geometry control in heat treating.
- Machinability is improved by free machining additives and finely dispersed carbides.
Punches, dies and working tools for cold pressing and cold forging, especially for:
• Cold stamping dies for high strength steels
Where galling and peel off of coated layer, TD and CVD, are main failure
• Insert blocks for composite stamping dies
Where good dimensional stability is required in dies alignment
• Blanking punches and trimming edges
Where main failures are cracking and chipping
Optical Micrographs (Annealed)
DCMX shows fine microstructure almost free from coarse carbides
Wear Resistance (Ohkoshi-test)
TD coating: By courtesy of DOWA Thermo Engineering.
Comparison of properties among Daido cold work die steels:
Daido Steel Limited and International Mold Steel, Inc. shall not be
responsible for damages caused by misunderstanding or improper use of the
technical information contained in the brochure. The contents of this brochure
may be subject to change without notice. Please inquire for the latest
information. No portion of this brochure may be reproduced without express
permission of Daido Steel Limited and International Mold Steel, Inc. DC53 in a
registered trademark of Daido Steel Limited and International Mold Steel, Inc.
Punch Failure Analysis
International Mold Steel, Inc.
Copyright © International Mold Steel,
DC53® Cold Work Tool Steel is a registered trademark of Daido Steel, Limited and International Mold
TOOLOX® (tool steels) is a registered trademark of SSAB
Superplast® is a registered trademark of Industeel USA (a division of Arcelor
Published by Marketing Options, LLC